Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

DAY 4 !

Today I made a couple very quick and simple Christmas cards using a beautiful die from Memory Box, The Corby Ornament.


For these cards you need : the die, cardstock, a sheet of 2 sided adhesive, and the outline stickers . I also used a bit of twine and a scrap of paper.


For this card , I cut the die out of green cardstock with the adhesive on the back. I then placed a scrap of red over the bird part of the die, and diecut that. I adhered them to the card but then wanted a little something to finish it off ... the outline stickers !!

That little gold scalloped line really frames the design !

There are so many of these lines in a package and they are very easy to use !!
For the second card, I cut the diecut out of white and used the "inner' pieces of the last one that was green. I cut the red bird the same way.

I adhered the white diecut, then just popped in all the green inner pieces from the last card. They went in very easily and surprisingly quickly ! I love how it fills it in !!
This is such a versatile die.  You can cut it out of just one colour for a very elegant look, out of metallic paper for a sparkle, or out of 2 or 3 colours for a more vibrant look. Endless possibilities !
So ... that's Day 4 ! Keep watching for Day 5.

No comments: