Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

DAY 11 !!

For Day 11, I decided to go for the gold !!


Here's the what & the how ... and a few adhesive tips !
Supplies ... gold papers, Tim Holtz rub ons, gold trims & ribbon, vellum, Stick It adhesive.
This is the star of the show ... metallic rub ons.
You get 2 sheets - one silver, one gold.
The rub ons work beautifully and add a luxurious touch to your projects. 

For this card, I added the rub on directly to black card stock.
I then cut a strip off the card edge and added foil inside so it would peek out the edge. Done !

Here I added the rub on onto white cardstock and used some beautiful gold starry paper.
A strip of gold ribbon finished off the simple card. 

I had to use the golden woodgrain paper !! It is so beautiful.
I added the rub on onto vellum this time so the sentiment would show up and the
woodgrain could still show through faintly.
A little bit of gold trim glued on added the finishing touch.
Now ... how did I adhere that vellum without any signs of adhesive ???

Such a beautiful vintage style sentiment. 

Here's my secret !!
'Stick It' adhesive is perfect for diecutting but it is also the perfect solution for adhering vellum. Apparently it also works well for transparencies. I haven't tried that yet but will.
I just cut a few little strips of the 'Stick It' and added it down the sides ... and no marks at all !!!
It may be a Christmas miracle.
Hallelujah !!

And here's one more tip ... 'Stick It' looks very much like regular typing paper or release paper.
It would be very easy to toss in the recycling bin by mistake !
So I just lightly labeled it with pencil .
Now I won't use it as scrap paper or toss it !
Now, don't forget that tomorrow (Wed Dec 23) is the BIG SALE !!! Scroll down to the previous post for details. It will be the biggest sale on Christmas items this season ... don't miss it !!!
And keep watching for Day 12, the last day of my Christmas projects.
Hope to see you tomorrow !

No comments: