Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Such Fun Stuff !!

... okay, this is the 3rd time I have done this post ... grrr.
This week I unpacked some wonderful new products. I experimented with them and really had a lot of fun. Let me show you  ...
First was the new Watercolour Pencils from Prima ... and I love them !!

If you haven't used this type of pencil, let me tell you a bit about them. You can colour your stamped images and then use a paintbrush and water or a waterbrush to belnd the colours and give you a beautiful painted look. I am NOT a colourer ... I find it takes too much time and patience. But this method is super simple and quick. I did these two birds in less than 5 minutes from blank paper to completion ! I sinply scribbled a bit of colour in each area and then used my waterbrush to blend them. easy peasy !!
You can also dip the actual pencils in water and colour for an even more vibrant effect. At some points I have scribbled on my stamping block and then picked up that colour with my waterbrush.
And the waterbrush ... well that is a wonderful thing ! You can use a paintbrush and water but the waterbrush makes it so easy !!
You simply fill the reservoir in the pen with water. Give it a gentle squeeze to wet the bristles and then start blending or picking up your colour. When you want to change colours, just paint on a piece of scrap paper or paper towel and the water will clean the bristles making the brush ready for the next colour. So easy !
Last night I watched a video by Frank Garcia for Prima and he used another method where he used a piece of scrap paper as a palette. I tried it and loved it ! So simple and it gives you a wonderful loose watercolour look with no pencil lines at all.

Click on the link below to see the photos of the process ...
I watched a video last night by Frank Garcia from Prima. He used this technique with the pencils so I thought I would...
Posted by Classic Hobbies on Thursday, March 26, 2015


The next thing I tried was a fun new stencil from Prima  ... I loved all those retro scissors !!
I used Distress Ink and Paint, Hero Arts metallic Shadow Ink, Texture Paste + embossing powder, Ferro, and more . I made a whole bunch of backgrounds and someday they will grow up to be cards, lol. Great fun !!
Click on the link below to see all the samples and what was used for each ... some of the results were quite interesting !!
Last night I experimented with a new Prima stencil by Finnabair. You can use many different mediums with stencils ... I tried a few !
Posted by Classic Hobbies on Wednesday, March 25, 2015


And now ... how about all the new things ?! I have new Prima (stamp sets and tiny stamps, stencils, pencils, tools, embellishments, etc), Penny Black (stamps & stencils) and lots of stencils from the Crafter's Workshop. Click on the link to see all the goodies !!
watercolour pencils, stencils, stamps, embellishments, so much !!
Posted by Classic Hobbies on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

And last , but not least, some great adhesives and packaging products ...
I have just unpacked some necessities ... adhesives and packaging materials. Take a look !
Posted by Classic Hobbies on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

So, that's it for me today . I will have so much more to share in the next few weeks - lots of new items shipping and exciting new products to try. I will even have some exciting news to share ... soon !
I hope you'll stop in this week to see the new things and the samples ... maybe you'll see something that you would like to try !! Have a great week !


No comments: