Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

camera ... WORKING !!!

Today I can finally share some photos with you !!! All - well, most- of the camera glitches have been fixed !!
So ... new product this week, new projects, and some great techniques !! Let's get started !

BEADS :
I am unpacking a box today full of headpins, eyepins, jumprings, bails, chains, earrings, pearls, crystals, wire, and threads.
Among the crystals are a new shape called "Graphic" from Swarovski that I have decided to try. I have them in 12mm and 18mm ... they would be great as a focal bead in a bracelet or necklace. Nice and showy but not fussy. Awesome !
I also have long bugle beads - many of you have been asking for them for earrings and long chain necklaces. Well , they're here !!
And now ... charms ... I have awareness ribbons for breast cancer (restocked) , yellow ribbons for Hope (restocked) , as well as new ones for autism.
Photobucket
PROJECT :
Photobucket
How about making your own pendants ? It is super easy and really fun ! These pendants are made with glass tiles, glue, and paper of your choice. I made them with handmade Japanese paper but you can use anything - scrapbooking paper, book paper, collage, ... the sky is the limit !! I have the pendants, glue, bails, small pieces of Japanese paper, and ball chain in stock now. Drop in & I'll explain the steps to you !!! Easy. Fast. Fun.

** SPECIAL **
Buy 6 vials of seedbeads & get a free Bead Spinner. This little baby will string your seedebeads quickly & easily !! (needle not included.)

PAPER:
* Basic Grey : Oliver and Olivia paper. Nice colour combinations. Can be used for baby books without being too cutesy or for adult projects. Very versatile. Great for cards too. I have the sheets of letter stickers for each. I also have the 6x6 pads for each - another great card supply.
Photobucket Olivia
Photobucket Oliver
* CRICUT Cartridge "Winter Woodlands" ... I have 2 cartridges here at a great price ... only $59.99 !!! This is the cartridge that will cut out the 3D winter village, among other things. Get it quickly !!
* eyelets, pearl brads, jeweled brads, adhesive gems,
* stamps - mini stamps, card stamps, more Pure Innocence stamps, Inkadinkadoo Inchies sets. These are a great deal. You get 9 1" stamps plus a block that will hold three stamps all for $7.99. There are several different theme packages. Also more from Technique Tuesday including "Dog and Pony Show" ... all pet animal stamps !!! Hmmm ... I know one stamper who probably has almost all of these animals herself ... TC ... are you out there ???
* more Distress Ink, Stickles, ink blender pens
* Embossing Powder Kits - 14 jars of fabulous colour !!!
* Thickers alphabets in various colours and styles
* more Cuttlebug & Sizzix embossing folders
* metallic markers
* chipboard in 6x6 and 12x12
* Crepe ribbon ... oooo ... nice !
* Cosmo Cricket "Delovely" 6x6 pads
* punches
* buttons
* metal words & tags
* Sassafras Lass Felties & Flowers
* Clear Snap Design Adhesives - great product !! 4 sheets per package. Add glitter or flocking to the 2 sided adhesive designs. Great for borders, cards, etc ...
* Smooch - 2 new colours - Pink Sprinkles and Wineberry
* Heidi Swapp - Fastenation Folder & Add-ons
* Tattered Angels Chalkline - a new paintable product that gives you a deep chalklike coverage in wonderful bubblegum type colours. Awesome for chipboard !!!

**SPECIAL **
Buy 10 sheets of October Afternoon paper (Fly a Kite or Thrift Shop) and get a free sheet of matching journaling cards !!
Photobucket
PROJECT : EMBOSSING !!
I am in love with embossing right now - sit still too long & I will emboss you !!! Here are a few projects using embossing ...
Photobucket
Birthday Tag : I just embossed the image in clear then rubbed ink over it. Attach it to a tag & you have a fast and easy tag !!
Photobucket
Various Products : Light aqua - Stamp'N'Bond from Stampendous ... stamp with a slow drying ink like Versamark, sprinkle with the Stamp'n'Bond, Heat until clear. Then add glitter ... also from Stampendous.
Blue - same technique except I used flocking. A furry little butterfly !!
Pink - I used Distress Embossing Powder. Rub the heated embossing powder with your finger to knock off the loose particles and create an aged look.
Photobucket
Butterfly Card : embossed the text stamp with white embossing powder as well as the butterfly. Then I rubbed various Distress inks over the design until I got the colour I wanted.
Photobucket
LIVE Card : I used a chicken wire stamp from Prima for the background with the white embossing powder. More Distress ink on top. I stamped the Tim Holtz LIVE stamp on a tag that I had also inked up. Then I used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape to attach it to the card and added one of his metal flowers. A little strip of Bazzill's Just the Edge Half in brown made for a nice little accent. I also added some of the tape inside.

And here's another little card using the tissue tape ... I adhered it in layers on the front. The tape is so lovely and thin that you don't even get ridges. A very simple card !


Photobucket

**NOTE** I am extending the deadline for this month's challenge to August 21st because ... I have been TOO SLOW getting the kits ready. So you have a whole extra month !!!


No comments: