Wednesday, March 31, 2010
But ... let me give you a few hints ...
* loads of new semi-precious beads .
* new Preciosa crystal strands.
* 3 new lines from Pink Paislee paper ... and all the wonderful beautiful gorgeous accessories (can you tell that I LOVE these papers ??)
* stamps and more stamps
* "Let's Make Cards !"
* Bind-it-All and lots of fun accessories
* ink & sprays & wax & paint & embossing ... oh so much. And samples & demos.
* lots of great new stuff !!
* The Monthly Challenge ... check here next Thursday !!!
* kits for sale
* jewelry, cards, etc ... being sold here.
* a weekly project (*gulp* ... now that I've put that out there, I hope I can pull it off !!)
So April is a fresh new month with some fresh new changes here !! Watch for great new products, new samples, projects, contests, sales ... lots new !!
HAPPY EASTER !!!!!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
This week is "COOKIES FOR C.A.P.S." ... I just finished baking Giant Ginger Sparklers and have a pan of Chocolate Peanut butter Confetti cooling in the fridge. Join me tomorrow ... I'll have the coffee on too. A $2 donation gets you a treat of your choice and a hot beverage. All the money raised goes to CAPS.
I have some new ideas floating around my head so let's get to it !!!
BEADS : the order hasn't arrived yet so I guess it will be next week ... possibly later this week ... before I have news of what's new in beads. But I will have Fireline in Frost as well as the usual colours , new charms, and a whole bunch of semi-precious. Can't wait !!!
- Calico Studios ... 2 new lines. Funky fifties inspired ... martini anyone ? The lines are ANTHOLOGY and HOME FRONT. There are also journalling cards & rub-ons to match.
- Maya Road ... mini chipboard - cupcakes, Sew Cute, What's Cookin', and letters (Olivia and Deborah). Summer Chipboard Key chain. Maya Road Resist - apply it with the thin applicator, ink or paint over, peel it off and - Voila ! - a design. Kraft - alphabet tags, tickets, library cards with envelopes (super cute !!) - these are all sold by the package or individually in case you would just like a few !
- Bundles of manila tags ... various sizes ... only $1.99 per bundle. And tags are sooo fun !!
- Milk Bottle Caps ... real ones !! I bought 200 of these so I have bagged some of them up for sale. They are great on cards or as little shingles on paper mache houses ... on a page ...
- Kaiser Kraft - photo display ... hmmm ... wish I had a photo ... you'll just have to come see it !!
- More embossing powders, Stickles, embossing pens, white markers, Tim Holtz Distress inks - more colours.
- STAMPS ... birthday, Father's Day, Graduation, General, birds, ... more. And more coming in a few weeks. Check out the back wall over the findings for a stamp display.
- more stick-on pearls and gems.
- Fun FATHER'S DAY papers ... great for a card for Dad ... fishing, cars, or cook out paper.
- S'Mores paper & stickers. Scrapbook last summer's bonfire !
I am sold out of Bind-it-Alls ... before I even unpacked them (!!) but I have more coming in a week and a half. They are a really fun & useful machine !!
BIG NEWS !!!!
Starting next week ... Monthly Contests !!! With prizes !!!
Each month there will be a different challenge ... one for beaders and one for paper people !!! There will be a $10 gift certificate for each group as a prize. You can enter as many times as you wish. I will put the entries on display in the store and a winner will be chosen at the end of the month. It could be you !!!
Every month will be different ... a certain theme or colour, a technique, a certain item to be incorporated, maybe a $2 bag of supplies that you can add to and create with. The project may be a card, a scrapbook page, a bracelet, a decoration, ... you never know !!
Watch here next week for the April Challenge and all the guidelines !!
See you !!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Seems like Spring is here ! Lots of sun and warm temperatures ... you'll soon need summer jewelry as well as paper & supplies to scrap those spring/summer photos !!
More new product ... it comes faster than I can get it unpacked each week ! This week I have :
* COSMO CRICKET - "Material Girl". Nice cheerful paper with a sewing theme, but not overtly. I am expecting Maya Roads mini chipboard "Sewing" pieces as well as the Dress Form Chipboard Book in the next week - they would be amazing with this paper ! I also have in stock the matching buttons, borders, cards, and the chipboard elements.
I made a little tag book with "Material Girl". This is a really quick little project that you could make to throw in your purse. Just add a name to each page as well as sizes and favourite colours ... all ready to shop for birthdays & Christmas !
* TIM HOLTZ/STAMPERS ANONYMOUS - a bit of a disappointment ... I only received ONE design of his stamps . The rest were already sold out ! Thank goodness I have a PRE ORDER for his SIZZIX dies - they'll go fast too ! Anyway, it is a really cute stamp and I will be re-ordering the others.
* 7 GYPSIES ... lots of odds and ends. Great tags, transparencies, ATC cards & dividers, rub-ons, flocked & glittered rub-ons, stickers, labels, twist ties, word shaped paper clips,ephemera, and paper ... expecting their new lines soon too. I am working on a Gypsies binder and hope to have it done in a few weeks to show you ... I want to use oodles of this product !!
* BAZZILL ... tulle by the yard and more BAZZILL cardstock ... more colours
* TOMBOW glue sticks
* more PAPER BAG ALBUM kits ... using Basic Grays "Porcelain" so the kit is in soft greens, pinks, creams, etc... LOTS & LOTS of STUFF in those bags !! Only $10 each. All you need to add is glue ! ( ... and I could hook you up there ...)
Here are a few things I made this week ...
This is an envelope book ... got the idea from a Heidi Swapp webcast ... used the GORGEOUS flocked 7 Gypsies paper. I couldn't find the envelopes with the little brads so I added my own. Prettier than the brass ones anyway ! I added tulle along the cover in a little ruffle - that is the tulle from Heidi Swapp that I carry in little spools. I now have Bazzill tulle by the yard. Anyway, a fun project !!
And another envelope book ... but I folded them this time. This is using Basic Gray ... I LOVED this paper - so dramatic ! Anyway, folded envelopes and left over chipboard ! I bound it with my BIND-IT-ALL ... just like the little tag book. I have been using my Bind-it-All a lot lately .. I will be carrying them and the supplies ( wires, precut covers, tools, etc ...) . I had ordered several but after a few phone calls they were all gone but one. Another phone call last week and it too is gone !! So I guess they are popular !! But, don't worry, I'll have more soon and will do a little instore demo when they arrive !! They are a great little machine !!
Not as much to report ... still gradually packaging and putting out stock. There are lots of findings and spacers as well as odds'n'ends. I just received a new catalogue today so I will be pouring over that tonight ... EXCITING !!!
** Next week will be the Cookies for CAPS sale for March. Thursday the 25th & Friday the 26th. I am leaning towards Giant Ginger Sparklers and Big Double Chocolate cookies. Remember a $2 donation gets you a cookie and a tea or coffee. ( and I have some really cute bags if you want one for the road ... !!)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
So this week you will find ...
* COSMO CRICKET "Garden Variety" ...
(look at that sun streaming in the side of the photo...)
this is super cute. I am making a Garden Journal out of it now & hope to finish it in time for Thursday.
I did finish it !!!!
I just need to add a few dangles off the spine and "finito" !!
The paper is bright & vibrant - it just sings of spring ! I have the paper as well as borders, tags, chipboard elements, and buttons. The journal is made using an old book and a binder mechanism. And I have those too !!
Imagine all the great things you could do with those old dusty books in the basement !! The possibilities are endless ... cookbook, journal, diary, photo album, reading lists & book reviews ... on and on ! I will have some kits made up in the next few weeks too in case you don't have any old books or just want a kit with everything precut. Paper is $1 a sheet and the borders and tags are $1.50.
(WATCH FOR "Material Girl" and some cute sewing themed projects in the next few weeks !)
* TERESA COLLINS ...
I have 4 lines from her. "Bebe Boy", "Bebe Girl", "Welcome Home", and "Mr. and Mrs.". You don't really need to have a baby, a home, or a marriage to love these papers ! They are very romantic featuring crowns, chandeliers, etc but they are, at the same time, very graphic because of the colours ... baby blue & black, pink & black, and black/white/brown. The backs of the papers are great papers for scrapbook pages - lined sheets, ledger paper, etc...
The lines also have beautiful ribbon, rubber stamps ( only $9.99 for a whole package !), clear overlays, and chipboard bookcovers. Really great lines ! Paper is also just $1 per sheet.
* Nice "Springy" ink colours (lettuce, shabby pink, cape cod, plumberry) as well as Jenni Bowlin Spring/Easter Mini BINGO cards - great for Easter cards !
* Jenni Bowlin Team BINGO cards ... great for hockey or other sports layouts.
* MAYA ROAD ... Ladybug Chipboard books, Robot Sheers, Mini Cupcake Chipboard.
* lots of new Stickles
* Jenni Bowlin dotted labels and super cute Banner Stickers
* Cuttlebug folders
* Stazon Ink
* PSST! Shimmer Spray ... little sprays in lovely metallics
* Cute clips from Heidi Swapp
* little translucent word tags for Fall, Spring, and Believe - great for cards, scrapbooking, or as jewelry charms.
* and lots of little fun things !!
Here is a sampling of the Cupcake cards I have been making this past week ... I can't stop !! I have sold out of the stamps but will have more in soon !!
* I HAVE RING MANDRELS ... FINALLY !!!!
* Ring sizers
* Small catseye cylinder beads in bright happy springy colours ... only $2.49 per strand.
* Swarovski Crystal studded chandelier earring kits. Complete with chandeliers, headpins, ear wires, and jumprings. Just add some little dangling crystals. Only $2.99 per kit.
* Findings in ANTIQUE BRASS/BRONZE ... jumprings - fancy & plain, headpins, eyepins, toggles, lacy caps
* FABULOUS CONVERTERS ... ever make a necklace and then wish you had a different clasp in it ? Or maybe you have an older necklace and it is really hard to do up. This is for you !! The clasp is magnetic but comes attached to a lobster claw and jumpring. Simply attach it to the existing clasp and it is now an easy magnetic clasp !! No restringing !! Come see ... I'll show you !! $2.49 each. OR,sometimes, PRICELESS !!!
SEE YOU !!!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
* new Preciosa strands ... these were so popular that I brought in more colours as well as some bulk bags of the 3mm crystals. They look great between beads.
* more Swarovski crystal pearls ... 4mm and 6mm, new colours. Individually and in bags.
* ball chain in silver and gunmetal
* more Wildfire and beading needles in stock for all you "peyote pals" !!
* round copper spacer beads in 3mm and 4mm
* more Unicorn lampwork beads ... these are sooo beautiful !
* vials of 10/0 and 6/0 seedbeads ... mixes and one colour tubes
I am working on some new samples ... may be ready next week !!
Also the glue is arriving at the end of the week for the glass tile pendants so I will have those all out next week ... they are really fun to make & super easy !!
PAPER : all the new products are starting to arrive ... something new every week !! This week I have the following ...
* LUSH by My Mind's Eye ... this is gorgeous paper ! It is flocked and fabulous.Some of the line is flocked and some is plain ... and the prices are great - only $1.10 for flocked and $1 for matching double sided cardstock. There are lots of great accessories including flocked chipboard books and letters, crystal embellishments, rhinestone brads, awesome patterned brads and more !
And here come my favourites ... RED & BLACK !!! I think black would make a beautiful Wedding album.
Here are the flocked letters & numbers ... I left them out of the photos somehow !!
*** NEWSFLASH ... If you buy 6 or more sheets of LUSH paper , I'll give you 20% off any accessories form the line ! ***
And, if that isn't enough flocking, how about these beauties from 7 Gypsies ??? Not only are they flocked, they seem to have a metallic shimmer too. I DROOL when I look at these !!
* Glue Glider ... I sold out of these last time. So this time I have more ...continuous strip, repositionable, perma squares, high tac ... I also have a 3 pack of refills that will save you $5. Did you know that you can pop any refill in the gun at any time ... no need to finish a roll ? Really handy !
Next week I will have Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl and Garden Variety as well as a whole bunch of stuff from 7 Gypsies. There will also be new paper, ribbon, books, and accessories form Teresa Collins ... Bebe Boy, Bebe Girl, Welcome Home , and Mr. & Mrs. And MORE !!! Keep watching !!
Here's a quick & easy spring project ... hard to see in the big photo so I broke it up.
I have lots of materials left over so let me know if you would like a package to make one yourself !!
hmmm ... what does Mama bird have in that nest ? Here's a little close up !!
Happy day !!
P.S. Special thank you to all of you who bought Kari's cupcakes last week. The next "Cookies for C.A.P.S." days will be March 25th and 26th ... but it will be me baking so I'm afraid there will be no kitten or puppy cookies !!